For colleagues to provide advice on your case they need comprehensive relevant information. Moderators will require professional and organised presentations of cases before allowing a forum post or being able to respond to an email enquiry.
Required information includes:
- Confirmation of patient consent to post.
- The date of the procedure.
- The indications for the procedure.
- The product used.
- Skin preparation.
- Sites of injection.
- Brand of product used (Botulinum toxin, dermal filler, thread, etc).
- If relevant; needle or cannula and gauge.
- Any relevant medical or social history, any history of previous treatments.
- The presenting symptoms of concern and timeline.
- Your provisional diagnosis and rationale.
- Any additional relevant information (review recent medical history and social activities).
If posting photographs or videos, please ensure adequate quality and the area of concern is appropriately captured.
- Patient selfies in advance of your own face to face assessment are generally not reliable, wait until you have assessed face to face yourself.
- Ensure good lighting.
- Take full face, resting expression.
- If helpful, oblique and profile.
- If lumps in lips, then resting expression, smile and pucker.
- If toxin, resting and animation, looking straight ahead.
- If a video of CRT, include pre-treatment (without make-up) photograph. Just one demonstration, without pressing, then pressing for 5 seconds and release (repeating is not necessary and may be uncomfortable for the patient).
We would also appreciate a follow up post detailing how the complication was resolved.
The ACE Group welcome further discussion and feedback on this document.